Archived Alerts (Inactive)
Message to campus: As Farmville confronts this serious storm and the flash-flood warning in effect until 9 p.m., campus police and maintenance are continuing to work hard to keep everyone safe and address issues on campus as they come up. The community has been asked to stay off the roads.
As campus deals with heavy rain and wind caused by Hurricane Michael, here are several updates for the Longwood community:
- A flash flood warning has been issued for the Farmville region until 9 p.m.
- Evening activities scheduled for Oct. 11 are canceled.
- Because of road conditions in Farmville and Prince Edward County, the Farmville Area Bus will not run the rest of the evening. The town has also requested all vehicles stay off the roads until conditions improve
- Rain will likely continue throughout the evening. Please use good judgment for your safety.
- Additional updates will appear here.
All evening activities for Longwood University have been cancelled for Thursday October 11, 2018.
The tornado warning has been lifted. You are clear to leave the sheltered areas.
EMERGENCY: A tornado warning has been issued for Longwood. Go to the tornado shelter area in the nearest building and await an all clear message.
All Clear resume normal activity.
Notice: This is a test for the earthquake drill.
Please be aware the tornado warning for Prince Edward County has been lifted. Please return to normal activities.
EMERGENCY: A tornado warning has been issued for Central Prince Edward County until 2:45 pm. Go to the tornado shelter area in the nearest building and await an all clear message.