Longwood employee and student emails are already part of the system, but cell phone numbers are not included. Below are instructions for using the system:
- Go to https://longwood.omnilert.net/
- Your username is the same as your email, without the @longwood.edu. e.g. email: firstname.lastname@example.org = username: doejj
- Your password is your “L” number. This can be accessed by logging into mylongwood and clicking “employee resources.” If you can’t find your L number, you can click “forgot password” and the system will send a temporary password to your Longwood email address.
- Once you are in the system, click the “Services” tab at the top of the page. Here, you will be able to add cell phones and email addresses into the alert system. Be sure there is a green check mark and the word “Active” next to the number.
- Click on the “Groups” tab at the top of the page. Here, you’ll be able to add building-specific groups to your alert list. If, for instance, you work in Chichester Hall and it needs to be closed temporarily, only those in the Chichester group will receive that alert.
- Click on the “Account” tab. Here, you need to change your temporary password into something else you can easily remember.
Anyone can sign up for the alerts. Visit the site and click on “Sign Up” in the upper right corner; then fill out the requested information and click on the “Create Account” tab. You’ll then have the options to fill in a phone number that can receive texts and an email address.. Please contact Ray Ostrander at (434) 395-2091 or email@example.com with questions or troubleshooting.
Note: If you elect to opt out of the system, please notify Ray Ostrander (434-395-2091) if you wish to opt back in (accounts must be removed entirely before they can function properly again). You may also contact Ray with any questions regarding Omnilert.