The Information Security Office would like to make you aware of a scam email related to student employment that is currently circulating. The email comes from a live.longwood.edu account and advertises the position of Desk Aide. It requests that interested applicants reply with confidential information, such as your cell phone number, address, or other identifying information, to be considered for the job. Please be on the lookout for this email and do not respond with any personal information.
- No one from Longwood will ever request personal identifying information via email during the application process.
- No one by the name of Mark Hoffman (the Business Analyst mentioned in the email) is associated with Longwood.
- Longwood does not text students regarding their applications.
- The only way to apply for the Desk Aide position is via the official application.
- You should never send identifying information to anyone requesting it via email or text. If you are uncertain about the legitimacy of an email, it is best to call the sender to verify it.
If you receive this scam email, simply delete it without responding. If you have responded to the email and would like to send us information about it, send the email with headers to firstname.lastname@example.org. For instructions on how to send an email with headers, see our Report a Security Incident page.