Due to predicted inclement weather, Longwood Universty will close at 4 p.m. today, Wednesday, February 12, and remain closed on Thursday, Feb. 13. All activities scheduled after 4 p.m. today, with the exception of the men’s basketball game at 4 p.m., and all activities on Thursday are cancelled.
Facilities that will be open during this period are:
- Lankford Student Union and Fitness Center: open until 10 p.m. Wednesday; open 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Thursday
- Dorrill Dining Hall: open until 8 p.m. Wednesday; open 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Thursday
- Lancer Café: open until midnight Wednesday (depending on staffing); open 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Thursday (depending on staffing)
- POD at Lancer Park: open until midnight Wednesday; open 1 p.m.-midnight Thursday
- Greenwood Library will be open until 8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 12. Current plans are for the library also to be open from 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 13, but those plans could change if weather conditions worsen. For the latest information about library hours for Thursday, Feb. 13, check the library’s website or Facebook page.
For up-to-date dining hours, visit: www.Longwood.CampusDish.com
FAB Services: Due to the slick roads, FAB services will suspend operation at 4:30 p.m. today, Wednesday, February 12, and will not operate on Thursday, February 13, 2014.
A decision about opening or closing on Friday, Feb. 14, will be made by early afternoon Thursday, Feb. 13.
To allow streets to be cleared, anyone who has a car parked on the street should move his/her vehicle to any Longwood parking lot (other than Bristow) no later than 5 p.m. today. This includes students, faculty and staff.
All essential personnel should report based on instructions from their supervisors.