Notice: Longwood University will open at 10 a.m. tomorrow, Wednesday, Feb. 18.
Amended hours during this delayed opening are:
Greenwood Library: 10 a.m.-10 p.m.
Dorrill Dining Hall: 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
Student Union: 11 a.m.-10 p.m.
Health and Fitness Center: 10 a.m.-10 p.m.
Athletics: All athletic events will proceed as scheduled
Farmville Area Bus: Routes begin at 9 a.m.
Please note that the forecast for the next few days calls for extremely cold temperatures. Take precautions to keep yourself safe. The Virginia Department of Emergency Management urges everyone to:
- Bring pets inside
- Be prepared to take care of yourself in the case of widespread power outages
- Have a battery powered or hand-crank radio and extra batteries on hand.
- Avoid overexertion when shoveling snow, working or recreating outside, no matter your age or physical condition.
- Always wear proper cold-weather apparel: gloves/mittens, hats, scarves and snow boots. Dress in several layers of loose-fitting clothing and cover your face and mouth if possible.
- Be aware of the wind chill factor
- Stay dry. If you become wet, head indoors and change wet clothing immediately.
- Limit your and/or children's time outdoors.
- Do not ignore shivering. It's an important first sign that the body is losing heat. Persistent shivering means it's time to go back inside.
- Check on others who may not be able to care for themselves