Longwood University has launched a new alert system accessible to the Prince Edward and Farmville communities.
Called e2campus, the alert system allows the university to send out quicker and more direct alerts for campus emergencies, weather events or other crises. “This new alert system is a critical part of Longwood’s overall campus safety effort,” said Chief of Police Bob Beach. “It is a significant upgrade over our old alert system and will better serve not only the Longwood community, but also parents of students and the Farmville and Prince Edward County communities.”
The customizable alert system allows for multiple cell phone numbers and email addresses to be added for each user. That way, said Beach, users can be as connected as possible in an emergency and receive critical information regarding their safety.
Longwood employee and student emails are already part of the system, but cell phone numbers are not included. Below are instructions for using the system:
- Go to http://www.e2campus.net/my/longwood/
- Your username is the same as your email, without the @longwood.edu. e.g. email: firstname.lastname@example.org = username: doejj
- Your password is your “L” number. This can be accessed by logging into mylongwood and clicking “employee resources.” If you can’t find your L number, you can click “forgot password” and the system will send a temporary password to your Longwood email address.
- Once you are in the system, click the “Services” tab at the top of the page. Here, you will be able to add cell phones and email addresses into the alert system. Be sure there is a green check mark and the word “Active” next to the number.
- Click on the “Groups” tab at the top of the page. Here, you’ll be able to add building-specific groups to your alert list. If, for instance, you work in Chichester Hall and it needs to be closed temporarily, only those in the Chichester group will receive that alert.
- Click on the “Account” tab. Here, you need to change your temporary password into something else you can easily remember.
Note: If you elect to opt out of the system, please notify Ray Ostrander (434-395-2091) if you wish to opt back in (accounts must be removed entirely before they can function properly again). You may also contact Ray with any questions regarding E2Campus.